These squares of varying fabric are heavenly treats. Every sartorial astute savant knows how these little materials of Godliness and bliss exemplify ones personal style and flare. In fact, pocket squares are all about feel and personal style. Even though we have a bit more style latitude when it comes to squares, we should still comply with a few pocket square commandments. "Thou shalt be bold, yet follow these decrees."
- If you blow your nose in it, it belongs in the pocket of your pants, not your breast pocket. Pocket squares that go into your breast pocket are strictly for fashion esthetics.
- Be Bold! Though matching a square to your tie isn't considered a fashion faux pa, find a square that is bold and complimentary.
- You don't have to break the bank to enhance your look. You can spend $100+ on certain squares, but you can look just as good if you spend between $13 and $15 from a Ubiquitous Brand Label Pocket Square (www.ustylellc.com).
- Try wearing a square that compliments a color in your shirt, tie, or bow tie. For example, if your tie has a subtle green stripe in it, go for a square that has green trim.
- Pocket squares should never make your breast pocket bulge with deformity. If your square makes your breast pocket bulge too much, refold it!
- Stick with the standard pocket square folds. The feathered tarantula look is definitely not a good look.
"Go forth and be stylishly bold"